Thursday 2 September 2010

A Day of Doubt


We all have them; moments of self-doubt, where we look at ourselves in the mirror and ask can I pull this off, I'm I qualified, I'm I really what they want etc. Well I was/still having one of those days today.
It all started when I woke up and realised that the stress I have been going through lately with the aftermath of the recession was showing all over my face in large red blotchy spots. At the best of times I do not have perfect skin but today it is extra bad and I unfortunately do not own any concealer so if I have a bad case of acne, I just have to live with it.
I then decided as I had a few spare hours to myself I would take some photos, however they did not exactly turn out how I'd hoped when I uploaded them to my computer. The main focus of the photo was in complete darkness due to bad lighting; I do not have or believe in photoshop and really did not feel like trying to shoot them all over again so in the end it resulted in a very non-productive day.
Saying this today has really got me thinking...self-doubt is something I have struggled with most of my life but even more so over these past few months and I have realised it really isn't healthy. If I would have had the confidence to begin the day positively this morning maybe I wouldn't be in the situation I am in now; beating myself up over the stupid things I did not achieve.
Self-doubt is really only the failure of the challenges you have set yourself in your own head, not the failure of anything else. We have to remember each human being is unique and we have our own special gifts and looks. And maybe if we just stopped setting ourselves unrealistic goals for a moment then possibly the glimpses of self-doubt we have would be easier to deal with?
I would love to know how anyone else has squashed their own moments of self-doubt and if they have any positive tips for others. If you do just leave a comment after this post. And remember there is no need to fear; doubt is a universal problem and not just your own.
Photo: One of the photos taken today while I was testing the camera. Unfortunately I cannot erase the acne from my chin.

No comments:

Post a Comment