Saturday 24 July 2010

Finding Your Inner Star


I think it is essential to remember it is never wise to be someone you are not but I think it essential to have role models in life to guide you into finding your inner shining star. After you hit puberty the task of finding yourself becomes all the more difficult, as Ernest Hemingway once comment 'As you get older it is harder to have heroes, but it is sort of necessary'.
It's the way that we look at our role models that sometimes needs to change rather than who we look up to. For instance I admire many women - both famous and non-famous and I am not personally I feel like any one of them, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Finding your inner star is all about taking admirable qualities from people and places around you and transferring them to the person who you are and want to become.
For example I'd love to take a mixing pot and put in the model Kate Moss, the Danish-born French actress Anna Karina, the journalist Carrie Bradshaw ( yes, I know she is a fictional character), Beyonce (we do have a shapely bum), Paloma Faith ( I can sing just like her in my head), and every woman I have met in person with inspirational qualities and come up with my inner star.
However life isn't like this - we all are not perfect and it is human nature to make mistakes but we can take inspiration from Beyonce and her alter-ego Sasha Fierce - better to try and give things a go then hinder the person you could become due to the fear of being judged.
Therefore I'd like everyone (including myself) to take the rest of 2010 to explore who you really are and want to become without fear and worry from others. The only person you need to be accepted by is yourself.
Photo: An old Postcard dated 1952 of the Effiel Tower , which I purchased in a Vintage and craft fair a few months ago. Hopefully one day I'll let my 'inner star' shine here in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment